Required Safety Related Information
- If you have delicate or sensitive ears, you are welcome to bring earplugs. If you believe any discomfort will result from the sound of the music, please deeply reconsider if you would be happier catching beads from the street rather than throwing them from the Carnes Parade Krewe. The music is not overtly loud on the vehicles because the speakers project out, not in.
- The music is always loud enough for the crowds to hear as we roll down the street. You can carry a conversation on with the person next to you, but you may have to raise your voice for them to hear you.
- Some parades, especially the more popular ones, will have assigned spaces. Before you drop all your beads in a specific spot, ask the vehicle driver whether or not there are assigned spaces. If there are assigned spaces, please be respectful. Keep your space clean. Keep your beads in your spot and hang them appropriately.
- DO NOT hand off beads. Maintain distance between parade attendees and yourself.
- You CANNOT get off the vehicle once the parade starts.
- You will NOT have a bathroom onboard – FYI!
Useful and helpful tips and tricks.
- Water, drinks and other refreshments are welcome. Feel free to bring you own coolers and food as you desire. We do allow refreshing adult beverages. We DO NOT require them.
- In all our dress categories, you are encouraged to wear masks, wear costume makeup, be bold and clever in your costume and let your inner alter ego shine.
- Don’t take other people’s beads! Your beads will come with your ride. More beads may be purchased at an additional cost.
- Treat others as you want to be treated. Throw beads for fun, not to cause harm.
- You are on a moving vehicle that will start and stop a lot. Hold on!
- DO NOT throw beads when the vehicles are stopped.
Failure to comply may result in you being removed from the vehicle.
- DO NOT touch the sound system or lighting system at any time (and DO NOT request certain types of music or certain songs as these are pre-programmed)
- Dancing and having fun is encouraged, but DO NOT hang off of the side or do anything that is considered dangerous.
- Be courteous to parade attendees (DO NOT intentionally hit individuals with throw items).
- All riders must provide ample amounts of throw items (unless throw items are provided).
- DO NOT allow non-scheduled riders to enter the vehicle or hang onto the vehicle.
- Once the parade begins, DO NOT get off the vehicle until instructed to do so.
- Remain in your assigned section throughout the entire parade.
- DO NOT ask another rider to give you items to throw.
- Be courteous to other riders and their space.
- BE ON TIME! We leave when the parade starts.
- Please clean up after each parade.
- Have FUN!